I was on Facebook the other day and someone made a comment “Cute as Hell”… I know they didn’t mean it the way I took it… But when I think of the phrase ‘cute as hell”, I don’t think about hell being cute… Actually when I think of hell, I think of a horrible looking place that I would never want to see or even contemplate being at… When reading the Bible, this is how it is described…
Hell According to the Bible:
(1) Hell was designed originally for Satan and his demons (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10).
(2) Hell will also punish the sin of those who reject Christ (Matthew 13:41,50; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8).
(3) Hell is conscious torment.
- Matthew 13:50 “furnace of fire…weeping and gnashing of teeth”
- Mark 9:48 “where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched”
- Revelation 14:11 “the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night”
- Revelation 20:14 “This is the second death, the lake of fire”
- Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”
- Revelation 14:10 “he will be tormented with fire and brimstone”
Some people would say that God is loving and would never send anyone to Hell… I also think that God is just and has laid out what will happen… There are many verses in the Bible that are difficult to interpret .. My own views is that no matter what someone thinks Hell would be like, I wouldn’t want to be there… I would never want to be somewhere where God isn’t present…
I have friends of all faiths and some that have no faith at all… Some think that hell is a out darkness without the pretense of God… Some say that it is a place of tremendous torment and gnashing teeth… Nowhere in my thoughts is it a place that is “cute”... If someone thinks that, they need to have a heavy dose of reality…
I would like to say that peoples views vary greatly… But my thoughts is that your destination and hope lays only in the hands of God… I feel that in order to be saved we must accept and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He alone died for our sins… Without Christ dying on Calvary we would have no chance at all… There is no way we can live up to the standards that God has set for us… But because Jesus died for our sins and took on our sins, we fall under Grace… Thank God for grace…