If you haven’t heard about the lottery reaching over a billion, you must be living in a cave. I have thought about what I would do if I won that much money like millions of others have done. I honestly don’t know and can’t conceive what it would be like to have that much money. I don’t think that people that live in a normal lifestyle would know what to do with a billion dollars.
As I considered what I would do with that much money, I would for sure make sure to find a reputable financial advisor and not tell anyone right away. Since most states they make you disclose who the winners are, being anonymous may not be so easy. People have been killed and had to file bankruptcy since you will have more friends than you ever had before.
I was telling a friend that I would be sure that the friends I had before would be the friends I trust. I could imagine people descending and becoming vultures when they find out who won that amount of money. You would have every scam artist, long lost relatives and so called friends coming out of the wood work.
I can’t say I wouldn’t blow any money, because I know I would. I can’t imagine not doing a dream vacation, but I would get bored if I traveled all the time and wasn’t home. Here is my list of things that I would do if I won that amount of money.
- Find a good financial advisor and lawyer
- Buy a house that is easy to maintain. It wouldn’t be a mansion. Maybe a 3 or 4 bedroom house that is about 2500 square foot with a 3 car garage.
- A new truck/suv for Chuck and a Ford Mustang Cobra for me.
- A motor home so we can go on vacation and travel a bit
- Of course I would donate to my church because if what I donate can make a difference to others and share the Good News with others, it is worth it.
- Open a Christian Book Store that has an internet café and diner attached to it. It would be a pay it forward diner where the homeless could find a hot meal through vouchers. The vouchers would be distributed via churches and the shelters.
- I would help my family out to an extent and trust funds would be set up for my grandkids. I believe if you give and give, it really isn’t doing anyone any good. Helping is one thing, enabling is another thing.
- Starting a animal shelter/rescue would be one of my top priorities also. There are many homeless animals and they deserve to be loved and taken care of.
- I would try to keep my life as normal as possible. I think people get in way over their heads when they win huge amounts. I would prefer not to win over changing the kind of person I am.