First off, I’m sorry this post is so long. I hope I don’t bore ya all.
I had some people last week ask me why I don’t complain or get upset about all the medical things I have going on with me. And it is very simple and that reason is my faith and Facebook. Some may wonder why I say Facebook and this is my reasons. Even right now with my pain level and being on home health and such. So I do my blog and get my mind off stuff. I have so much to be thankful for.
1. Sick Children are all over my Facebook. I have been praying for these children who are battling cancer, heart problems, Muscular Dystrophy and a whole lot of other things. When I go to these sites or they update their status’s, they are filled with hope and strength. Yesterday Abby Grace who is around 4 or 5 earned her wings. Every week there is another child I get requests to pray for them. And every week another child dies. Little Abby’s parents are heartbroken of course. But all the messages they post are filled with love. They don’t blame God and others. They take things one day at a time and trust in God. I dreaded hearing that this little girl I never knew passed away. I have about 30 kids that are fighting for their lives and still have a smile on their face and are the strongest and most courageous kids I have ever seen.
2. Adults that are going through chemo and are facing uncertainties. There are countless friends on my list that are facing cancer and fighting for their lives. And it isn’t just cancer, its other diseases. I belong to a group for survivors of Guillian Barre Syndrome. Just last week a young mother lost her life because of this. I have the CIPD variant of Guillian Barre Syndrome and my heart aches for those who are just going through it or those who never regained what they lost. I will post a link to a page that will give you more information on GBS.
3. People without hope pop up all over my Facebook and in blogs I read. They believe what life is like now is always going to be this way. Some have lost jobs while others are unable to work. Getting out of bed is difficult for them because of the severe depression they go through. I do have my pity party moments, but I can’t stay in them too long. I can’t imagine going through life and have no hope for happiness or anything else. Because of my faith in Christ, I know without even thinking twice that there is something better when we get to heaven. I know that God will never leave me and that He sent His son to die for our sins. For those who don’t understand this, I feel for them.
4. Family issues have been out of this world for my immediate family. They live in a very small area in AZ and they can’t get out of the fog they are in. Everyday there is something going on. There is stress, hatefulness and disregard for one another. I’m so very thankful that I don’t live like that. I have my independence and choose what to do each day. I’m not dependent on others to decide how my day is going to be. I always thought I had it bad until I go see what bad really is. When you have one person that is doing things to tear apart a family for their own personal gain, it is sad. I feel bad that they can’t see that there is more to life and it doesn’t have to be that way.
5. Gaining weight is a biggie for me. I really hate that I gained weight. But then I think about why I do and that is because of medicines that keep my blood pressure down. They say the meds will prevent a stroke. Even though it isn’t working for my blood pressure(249/135) . But there are many who can’t get these medicines. People are dying because they can’t get the care they need. I was in this same boat before I got my disability and Medicare kicked in. I can understand from both sides.
In my life I have been truly blessed. My life is very far from perfect and things have happened that can’t be changed. But I have the assurance that God loves me and even if I died tomorrow, I have peace in knowing where I will be. When I see posts on Facebook from people who have no concept what it means to have a loving and personal relationship with Christ, it is very sad. I can’t complain about my situation because I have it so much better than many. Well, I could, but it wouldn’t make it better. I have my times where I feel like things are caving in and I do not like that I have to go back into the hospital or this organ isn’t working right. But, I’m blessed beyond measure.
My friends are the best friends in the world. Even when it comes to friends, God puts the right ones there when I need them the most. Now, there are those friends that I have trusted and been burned. And for those friends, they taught me lessons and they are the past. My eyes were opened and I have chosen to make the best out of it. For those who don’t have friends that wouldn’t be afraid to say it as it is, you are blessed too. I read about how some people feel alone and unloved.
When it comes to my pets and I have a few of them. They don’t know how good they have it because they don’t get treated as some do. I can’t imagine life without dogs. But it is heart breaking to see dogs that are being put down left and right because they have no home or are abandoned. I’m blessed because God put it on my heart to love all creatures great and small. Even though I may have issues with spiders and snakes. I have no love loss there. I’m blessed in knowing that I can make a difference in the life of the dogs and birds I have.
Unemployment is another thing people post about. They have been looking for jobs and loosing everything they fought for. They can’t pay the bills, put food on the table or get medical care. At least my husband is working, even though he isn’t home often. So many struggle to get through the day. And I do thank God for being there and making sure things are taken care of.