I think about heaven alot and what it would be like. I don’t see it as a fluffy cloud and all harps either. God loves us and why would He have us sitting on our hinnys on a cloud and playing a harp? And why do people think everyone just sits on a cloud and watches everything happening on earth?
My idea of heaven would have clouds that have all kinds of shapes. I love watching lightening storms and the rain. I can’t imagine heaven without rain and the beautiful displays that streak across our skies. I can see God putting whales and dolphins together in the ocean with all the other sea creatures and they hang our and play together. Not eating each other. When God created the land and the ocean here on earth that’s how it was to begin with. I can’t see that it would not be that way in Heaven.
I see dogs and kitties playing in the meadow. God knows that my hearts desire is to see my dogs and loved ones there. My hope is that Brandie, Maverick, Pepper Puppy and all the other animals that I loved here on earth will be there to meet me. I also can’t imagine heaven having no rainbows or rivers. I think that Heaven will look like what the Garden of Eden looked like to begin with. Before man destroyed it and sinned. I can totally see Heaven looking this way. The Bible talks about a New Heaven and a New Earth. Maybe the new earth will be as it was intended without sin. I’m sure God has it all figured out and I will trust that. Even though I think the snakes and spiders need to stay away.
The Bible says that there will be no more death or tears. And when I read that I wonder if we will have the memories of those who are not in heaven. Because if we have those memories, we would be sad that they aren’t here with us. SO, I’m putting this out to everyone I know and care about, you best get your life in order and accept Christ. Now I do hope we have tears of joy. Because there is nothing like having that feeling of peace and happiness weel up inside us and we can’t help but let the tears fall where they may.
I heard this one girl tell me that she believes that Heaven is a place where you can go after you die and you will come to the pearly gates and if you didn’t decided to believe or live according to Gods(Jehovah) will, then you can still enter and get another chance to live there. I actually found this sad in many ways.
Where Pearly Gates Comes from;
Gates Made of Pearls from EHOW
In John’s vision at Revelation 21:21, the gates of heaven are actual pearls: huge ones that cover the 12 entrances to the city. In Bible times, pearls gathered from the Persian Gulf and the Red Sea commanded a high price. Jesus used this fact to illustrate the value of God’s Kingdom in his parable of the priceless pearl, recorded in Matthew 13:45-46. A merchant finds an exquisite and very expensive pearl, and eagerly sells all his other wares to acquire the rare jewel. Gaping at the celestial gates made of unusually large pearls may have convinced John that heaven was more magnificent and impregnable than any city on earth, including mighty Rome.
Tying in the symbolism of Jesus’ parable about the merchant who sold all his goods for one pearl of high value, readers may discern that the pearly gates of heaven represent an individual’s choice to give God exclusive devotion. Doing so ensures entrance into the grand future that awaits them when God’s kingdom rules over mankind. Countless people worldwide express this hope when they pray “thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is heaven.” Revelation 21:25 says that at that time the gates of heaven will remain open day and night, since all humans will be living in peace, as described at Isaiah 65:17-25, and nothing will disturb the security of heavenly Jerusalem.
I asked some people on Facebook what they think heaven will be like and here are a few of the answers I received.
- Facebook Comment 1– Heaven is the place where God dwells. It is a location that is wholly spiritual in nature. Christianity defines Heaven as being in the presence of God with places prepared for the faithful by Jesus and is viewed as eternal bliss beyond that which can currently be known. Those who are allowed into heaven are given new bodies that do not decay and death will be gone.
- Facebook Comment 2– Heaven will be a place that we will have all we want and desire. Everyone will have their own kind of Heaven.
- Facebook Comment 3– When we get to Heaven we will be welcomed by those we loved on Earth. We will be judged before we get to enter the gates and if we were good enough, then we can go through them and be there otherwise we will be cast into hell and God wouldn’t be in Hell.
- Facebook Comment 4 (Child) – Heaven is a place where you are happy and Jesus is there. It’s going to be really pretty and everyone will love each other. There is going to be angels there singing too.
- Facebook Comment 5– There is no Heaven or Hell. Everyone is believing there is this guy they called God. There is no God!
- Facebook Comment 6 – After the Kingdom of Heaven begins on earth, after Christ’s return, the New Jerusalem descends out of heaven and heaven, in the New Jerusalem, will then be on earth. Revelation 21:1-2
- Facebook Comment 7- We will have perfect bodies and the streets will be lined with Gold. It’s going to be something bigger and more beautiful that we can imagine.
- Facebook Comment 8- If you die before Jesus Christ’s Second Coming you will go directly to heaven and be in the presence of God. If you never see heaven, you will most certainly see hell and that is also a one-way trip from which there is no return.
I live in Utah and many times the LDS will talk about three heavens. And I believe these are the context they are talking about. The Old Testament has no word for universe, and to express the idea there is the frequent “heaven and earth.” We read of “the heaven and the heaven” (Deuteronomy 10:14), and of a man’s being “caught up into the third heaven” (2 Corinthians 12:2). With God in heaven are likewise the souls of the just (2 Corinthians 5:1; Matthew 5:3, 12). In Ephesians 4:8-16, we are told that Christ conducted to heaven the patriarchs who had been in limbo (limbus patrum)
Now when it comes to marriage in heaven, some people get a little hostile over this topic. It can be argued till the day till this world is no more. But here are a couple of verses that I found on the marriage thing.
- “When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.”
- Mark 12:25
- “At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.”
- Matthew 22:30
Luke – Chapter 20:34-36
34. Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage.
35. But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage,
36. and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection.
I guess I took this post in different directions, and it can be a bit confusing. So I put a question on my Facebook page to get ideas of what others think Heaven will be like.