I don’t even know what to think on all the things going on with Jordan and ISIS. In case you missed the news yesterday, ISIS posted a video of a pilot from Jordan that was burned alive in a cage. In turn they acted out in revenge. Jordan hanged two prisoners hours after the videos were released.
Below is information that CNN Published on their website that will fill you in a bit about what is happening.
(CNN)An ISIS video showing the horrific killing of a Jordanian air force pilot has stoked anger in the Arab kingdom and left analysts wondering what impact it will have on the U.S.-led coalition fighting the militant group.
Jordan already carried out one act of retaliation, executing two terrorist prisoners with ties to al Qaeda in Iraq. One of them was Sajida al-Rishawi, the would-be suicide bomber whose release ISIS had demanded.
Link to Fox News on ISIS and Jordanian Pilot
In my life and through my own experiences, I believe without a doubt that vengeance doesn’t lead to anything good. God is the only One that should be taking out vengeance. With all the things going on right now, I am having a hard time not thinking that Jordan should be going after ISIS.
I have seen comment after comment on how our government should do the same thing. I have no clue though. I am at a loss about what I think they should do or what needs to be done. Now my heart tells me that we should be incorporating the “eye for an eye” thing. I can only see bad things happening when it comes to not taking them out.
Some have even said that if we go in and bomb them with hit them hard, it would also kill the hostages. Well, my thought is that they are going to be beheaded, burned and tortured no matter what is going to happen. The longer this goes on the more innocent lives that will be lost. That’s the human side of my thoughts tell me, just bomb the heck out of them, and if they survive, then treat them the way they are treating others.
The Christian in me, knows that vengeance is the Lords. When I think about what it means when it says that vengeance is the Lords. It means that I don’t have to find a way to outdo them or find a way to get even with someone who has done me wrong. God will take care of them for us.
- Romans 12:19 – Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
- Deuteronomy 32:35 – It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them.”
- Hebrews 10:30 – For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. 19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,” says the Lord. 20 “BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIS HEAD.”…
- Exodus 32:34 – Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.”
- Leviticus 19:18 – “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
Human live’s are being used as pawns in order to gain power and to instill fear. I can’t help but wonder if this is going to be a battle of evil against evil. Who will be the winners and who will be the looser. My biggest thought is that when I look at all these things going on and what the Bible says about the end times, it is fulfilling the prophecies that we are given. The Bible contains detailed prophecies about the end times we are living in. When it comes to the signs of the end of times there is just no way to understand how much the current events that are happening today are part of the prophecies in the Bible.
- Revelation 11:18 ...’And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.’
- Matthew 24:6-7 ...‘And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.’
When we look at the kind of things that is going on around the world, we can see that we are in the last days. There has been one war or another for over 200 yrs. As I watch the news, it becomes way to apparent that people are dying over their faith. I understand that we are getting more news and on the spot information. But, the changes that have happened in just the last 100 yrs has been nothing short of spiritual warfare and pure evil. I have gotten to where I get sick of watch all the news mainly because of all the violence. It says in Genesis 6:11 …’The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.’
I want to close this post by saying that while I think that those who are murdering all these people in the name of Alla or whoever they think they can use to justify their evil deeds, it isn’t my duty to seek revenge on them. I do think that the government should be the ones to handle things in a governing kind of way. Ultimately it is God who is in control of vengeance. And I am pretty sure, I would never ever want to be on the receiving end of that one. They think they are upset over a terrorist that was hung out of retaliation. There is no government or people that could outdo God.
What I do think is that as a Christian, the most important thing I can do is to pray for those. Our enemies needs to be prayed for and over. Even though I have a heard time praying with a sincere heart, it is something I pray about and work on. It isn’t easy to pray for someone who has done evil and despicable things. But we are instructed to pray for our enemies and to turn the other cheek. Even if it hurts and you may loose your life. Not an easy concept. But needed and required!!!