Life seems to come rushing at us full force. If you are like me, you are on the go and barely have time to breath and take in the goodness around you. Anymore, we barely have time to stop and look around us and smile at what we have. We shouldn’t think about our blessings just at Thanksgiving. We should all the time, because they are happening each and every day. Sometimes, we just miss them because of all the bad things going on around us. Or those things we choose to focus on instead.
I want to do a little project this year for those around me. It will be a Random Acts of Kindness Scavenger Hut. You may be wondering what that is. Give me a moment to share my list of things I would like to do for this Scavenger Hunt of Kindness.
- Give a random person a flower
- Buy breakfast for an unsuspecting person
- Write a note and let someone I don’t know that they are special and that God loves them
- Go to the nursing home and pick a room and read to that person or let them share what ever memory they would like.
- Hold the door open for someone
- Smile- That can go along ways
- Invite someone to dinner that may be eating alone
- Buy a gift card at a store and give it to the person behind me
- Take my grand-kids out and let them do a Random Act of Kindness
- Do a video for a Facebook friend that may need a lift in his/her spirit
There are endless possibilities that I could do for others that doesn’t cost anything but a little bit of time. These acts of kindness isn’t only for them, but for myself. I think when we do for others, we also lift our spirits and helps us appreciate what we have.
When I think about all the blessings I have in my life, I would say I have a bounty of blessings. Here are just a few. I could write a book, but I won’t…
- The other day during the prayer over the city, I was given a picture from a dear friend. I shared a dream I had and she had a picture that represented that dream.
- My daughter Beckiah sent me a text message just to say she loved me and asked how my day was.
- JJ asks me out of the blue what he can do and if he could help with anything. I had to think hard on what he could do for me though. But I let him and he was so proud.
- I love to watch the birds outside and it is funny to see how they play together or hang out. The other day I was watching them on the power lines just sitting there. I know it’s weird. But they had me wondering why we can’t just be and sit and observe the world.
- I have many wonderful friends that pray for me. And I appreciate those prayers. Even when I don’t say I’m having a hard time, they know and take it upon themselves to be there.
- Health is a major thing. Yeah I have many health problems. At the same time, there are millions who have a lot more and young children dying every day from cancer and other diseases. There are countries who have no medical care and people are left to die. I’m very blessed to live in a country where there is medical care.
- How can I leave out God? Well, I can’t. I wouldn’t be blessed without Him. He tells me no when the answer needs to be no. He lets me throw my temper tantrums and loves me anyhow. He knows my weaknesses and doesn’t leave me. Wow, not too sure others would do that to the degree God does.
- I have the best kids and grandkids ever. Yeah, I may get mad or say stupid things. But that’s OK.
- Chocolate is a great blessing too… It has a way of calming my soul and shutting my mouth when I need to say nothing… So something sweet goes in, so nothing sour comes out… OH yeah…
- Notes in the mail. I kinda miss those because my mother in law would send a little thinking of you note and letting me know she is thinking about me. I still have some of those notes from her. When I get one out of nowhere I think of her and how nice that someone took the time to say hi and your in my prayers.
- I get a kick out of this lady at church Evelyn. She always asks me how I’m doing and I start saying “I’m Fine”, then she finishes before I can say it and tells me, I know your fine, but your lying, lol. I find that funny for some reason. She knows me for who I am… So many at church are that way. They give me that look and I know they know, but I try to convince them anyhow, lol…
- There are many many things I’m blessed for. Even for doing dishes that I don’t like doing or laundry. At least I have dishes and food to go on them. I have cloths that need to be washed and a washer and dryer to do them in. Not everyone can say that.
- I don’t appreciate having to wash my car, but I have a car that runs and that needs washing.
- Computers can be a hassle and run slow, but I can’t complain much because I have a computer to use and blog about these things on.
- How can I leave out music. I love to listen to Casting Crowns, JJ Heller and most of the Christian singers and groups. I have heard many grumbles, myself included about music at church. I’m not into funeral music for church derives So some time ago, I came to the conclusion that I’m going to church for the message and worshiping And if I want to listen to my style of Christian music, I can turn on KLOVE (huge blessing for me) or go to a special at another church. Music is a gift and I appreciate those who get up and sing and lead at our church. Instead of complaining, I’m choosing to be blessed and enjoy the time I’m there.
- Pastor Dean at our church allows a time to offer praise reports and what a blessing it is to see how God is working in everyone’s life. They may not have everything, but they have God and so do I.
I would love to hear what you are blessed with. People can name alot to grumble about, but what taking a chance and saying the good things going on in your life.